Add 3D Avatars to Your AR/VR/3D App with Ready Player Me and echoAR Integration
echoAR is a cloud platform that helps developers build AR, VR, and 3D applications. They offer a set of tools for managing and delivering 3D content to end-users. In short: if you want to scale your 3D app, echoAR will make your dev life much easier.
With today's update to their platform, echoAR added an option to create Ready Player Me avatars and view them in AR. It's as simple to use as you think – just take a photo, customize your avatar’s look, and place it in your room.
If you're building an augmented reality application, you can use echoAR to add Ready Player Me avatars to your project. You can find more details in their developer docs.
How to view your Ready Player Me avatar in AR with echoAR
Creating a Ready Player Me avatar in echoAR is simple.
- Go to the Profile page in the echoAR console.
- Click the edit button that will appear next to your profile avatar.
- Take a selfie a customize your avatar. When you're ready, click "Done."
- Click the upload button next to your avatar to add it to your project. It will appear in the "Content" tab.
- To view your avatar in AR, click the button in the bottom right corner
If you would like to change your avatar, just go back to the Profile page and click the reset icon.
Go to echoAR’s website to learn more about their platform and tools.
Are you a developer?
You can use Ready Player Me avatars in 70+ apps and games, including VRChat, Mozilla Hubs, and MeetinVR. If you're a developer, you can implement our avatar platform for free. Your users will be able to create their own avatars and use them in your app or game.
Sign up below to stay in touch with our developments. 👇
More From Us
- • 3 min readTwinWorld Lets You Use Your Avatar In Mixed Reality on HoloLensTwinWorld is a mixed reality platform with an app for Microsoft HoloLens 2 where you can meet with your friends or collaborate with your colleagues. The platform just launched in beta with support for Ready Player Me avatars.
- • 3 min readBest Animation And Motion Capture Software That Works With Ready Player Me Full-Body 3D Avatar CreatorReady Player Me lets you create full-body 3D avatars with a selfie. Learn how to animate the characters using animation software from Adobe Mixamo and AI motion capture from DeepMotion and RADiCAL.